Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Back in Business...

I'm back and I've made some promises to renew my commitment to the blog. I will do my best to keep up. So here we go again...

By the way, I said good-bye to my 20s this weekend. WHAT!? I'm 30! How did that happen!? This is going to take some getting used to. But really, when it's all said and done, I've accomplished my 30-bucket-list: I have a college degree, I'm married, I own a home, I have two little girls, and I'm very happy. So I will count my blessings and suck it up. But I may "accidentally" tell people I'm 28 once in a while!

Mike made me a cake - a poop cake to be exact. On his 30th birthday, I ordered a cake from a bakery. I requested an Over the Hill theme thinking I would get black flowers or something along those lines, however, I got three brown mounds that were supposed to be hills. Put together, they looked like a giant turd. So, from then on, every 30th birthday we celebrate deserves a poop cake.




Mike worked hard to make my birthday very special. In addition to a poop cake he also got me an electric floor polisher (not romantic, but definitely appreciated!) and a trip to the Virgin Islands! We still have to set dates and make plans for the trip, but I'm hoping it's soon! Thanks to everyone for the birthday cards and wishes!

No comments: