Thursday, March 19, 2009

Rice!!








A few weeks ago we had a speaker at our MOPS meeting who talked about kids crafts. She inspired me to do more creative things with Kaia. She loves doing projects so, why not? One of my first major undertaking...rice! I bought a 5 lb bag at the grocery store. I colored about half of it. (Put 1c. rice in a ziplock bag, add 2T. rubbing alcohol and a few drops of food coloring, smush it around, spread onto wax paper and let dry) Day 1: Kaia helped me smush the rice. Day 2: Kaia and Alex made rice mosaics, but really just liked pouring glue and playing with rice. Day 3: I poured all 5 lbs of rice into a bin, put it on the floor and let them go to town. It kept them entertained for at least an hour. A little messy, but nothing a vacuum can't take care of. Great fun!

No comments: