Wednesday, February 25, 2009

We're Home!

We moved into the new house as planned on Valentines Day. The move went smoothly. The house is beautiful. I love it! The unpacking, however, I don't love so much. I finally got around to taking some pictures to post. Keep in mind we're in the middle of the unpacking process, so it's far from picture perfect.

We got our new dining table today. Until now, we ate at Kaia's kiddie table.

Call me a nerd, but this is one of my favorite features, a garbage and recycling drawer in the kitchen island.

The playroom (future dining room), it's so nice to have space dedicated to toys and playtime.

View as you walk into the front door.

View of the backyard out the patio door. The piles of dirt will be replaced with sod come spring.

Family room/Kitchen before the delivery of the adult table. I love the openness of this area. I can be in the kitchen cooking or doing dishes and still part of the action in the family room.

Laundry room. It's on the second level, which is great, no more hauling stuff up and down stairs!

Kaia's room.

Halle's room.

Master bedroom. Sure beats the tiny room we used to sleep in.

And another view of the master bedroom. The double doors feel so fancy pants!

So we've got some work to do. Lots of decorating to do. But it feels like home already. Mike and I both agree that everytime we pull into the driveway we think, I can't believe we live here. We don't deserve this. We are so blessed. The first time I left to run errands with the kids. Kaia kept asking to go back to "Daddy's house". I guess she likes it too.

1 comment:

Heather said...

we have a recycling center too. i love it just as much as the pots and pans cupboard has roll out drawers. aw....the simple things! looks great