Monday, December 1, 2008

Black Friday

It has become tradition for Mike and I to participate in Black Friday. As Mike puts it, we venture out in the wee hours of the morning, freeze our tails off, and stand in line for hours in order to be the first people to blow our money on stuff. Seems silly, doesn't it? Mike and Marty went out to Best Buy at 10:00pm on Thursday night, slept on the sidewalk and waited in line until the store opened at 5:00am. Jess and Laura joined the fun and got up at 2:30am to make it to Kohls by 4:00am. But all was worth it, everyone was successful in getting the gifts they wanted at a great price. Mike estimates that he and I saved about $650 on our purchases alone. Everyone was home by around 9:00am and those that could crashed.

So where was I during all this? I was at Mike's parent's house, sleeping. I use the excuse that I have a nursing baby that needed me home. Although it doesn't even compare, I did contribute to the gross national product by watching the children when they woke up. And consider this a giant public thank you to those who sacrificed themselves to get gifts I will also sign my name to.
I had to get this shot of Mike getting ready for the Best Buy overnight. He called this his Escanaba hat. Looks goofy, but it kept him warm.
Grandpa made the kids a special kid breakfast complete with tiny pancakes and tiny waffles. Yum!

2 comments:

Heather said...

what did you buy? or is it top secret?

we went to walmart and got $8 wisconsin hoodie sweatshirts and a $40 digital picture frame. johnny got some other things, but he and jessica hide them from me.

Jenna said...

I can't post our finds on the blog because it would spoil the surprise of many of our readers. Maybe after Christmas. Mike did get a 20in wide screen flat panel monitor for $120 as his gift from me.