Monday, June 2, 2008

Freezer Sammies

Here's another good (and easy) freezer recipe I tried tonight.

Freezer Sandwiches
8 hoagie buns
lunchmeat
cheese
3T butter
3T dijon mustard
3T Worcestershire sauce

Sauce: Melt butter, add mustard and worcestershire.
Spoon sauce onto buns. Top with lunchmeat and cheese. Wrap in foil and freeze.

To serve: Defrost, bake in 350 oven for 10-15 minutes. (If you're not good at planning ahead, you can pop these into the oven straight from the freezer like I did. I cooked it in the oven for about 15 minutes, until I got impatient. The bun was toasty, but the inside was still cold, so I removed the foil, opened up the sandwich and microwaved until warmed through.)

They're a simple, quick lunch or dinner. The sauce adds a little extra flavor and baking them makes them toasty and melty. Just a few steps above your basic cold sandwich. Plus, you don't have to pull out all the ingredients each time you want a sandwich.

I also tried cooking the breakfast mcmuffins I posted a few weeks ago. Not as good as fresh. I'm not sure what to change, but the meat just tasted reheated and the eggs were a little dry. Maybe some of those precooked sausage patties you buy in the store would work better than cooking them yourself. Or, use ham instead.

No comments: