Tuesday, March 25, 2008

I Make a Big Poopie!

I apologize in advance. Only family and friends with toddlers will truly appreciate this post....
Today was a big day in the Loos household. Kaia went poopie on the potty! Yay! We've had the potty chair around for a few months now. Once in a while, Kaia sits on it, with or without clothes on. She went potty once a while ago, but I wasn't going to make a big deal of it. Tonight, after dinner Mike was playing with Kaia and noticed she started to make a funny face. He asked if she wanted to go potty, she said yes, so off they went. Mike said they read a book, she looked up and said "all done". When she got up, there they were, big smelly poopies! Yay! I'm still not ready to push the training too hard, though. But I see this as a step in the right direction!

I always planned on taking a picture of her next to her first poopie in the toilet, but I changed my mind once it was actually staring me in the face. Gross! I already can't wait until she is tall enough to go directly into the toilet. So here's a picture of Kaia and her potty chair AFTER clean-up.
Here are some pictures of the kiddos at playgroup on Monday.

Jakob and Kaia were being very silly together, rolling around on the floor and tickling each other.

Connor all GQ, lookin like a Baby Gap model.

1 comment:

KariY said...

Way to go, Kaia! That is so exciting!
And Jenna, I agree with you, cleaning out the potty chair is NASTY. It does help to keep about an inch (or more) of water in the potty beforehand.